In 1718 Las Carreras belonged to Jesuit missionaries. In 1779 it was acquired by a Frías Silva ancestor, to whom still it belongs.
Whit almost 230 years, it is one of the oldest masons in the Calchaquí valley, being an exponent of the great culture that these parents transmitted to the autochthon cultures.
The stay was completely built with materials from the zone (adobe, straw, cane, alders). With the typical distribution of that architecture of that time, all the rooms lean into central yards